2014 Flag Football Rules
- Number of players per team - No more than 12 and no less than 10.
- Number of players on field - No more than 8 and no less than 5.
- Play will start on the 5 yd. line and the offense has 4 downs to get a 1st down.
- If offense does not get a 1st down the other team gets the ball on their 5yd line on offense and has 4 downs to get a 1st down.
- 1st downs will be marked at mid field by an orange cone.
- After 1st down is achieved the offense has 4 more downs to get a touchdown.
- On offense each team will have a quarterback, center, and 6 other eligible players on offense. The 6 eligible players may be in the form of blockers/receivers/running backs.
- Defense is allowed to have the same number of players as the offense. No blitzing allowed. You can have your defense in any configuration you like.
- Interceptions-the player can attempt to run it back for a touchdown. If the player does not score a touchdown, the offense will begin at the 5 yard line.
- Fumbles-Player cannot advance the ball. The ball is dead and offense will loss a down.
- On offense the quarterback has 5 seconds to throw the ball or it results in a sack, loss of down and continued play from the previous spot of the ball.
- At the beginning of the game the teams can do a coin toss or the visiting team will play offense first.
- Each game will last 1 hour long or a total of 30 plays, whichever; comes 1st.
- Absolutely no tackling. The pulling of flags is how we stop a play. Once the flag is pulled play ends at that exact spot on the field.
- If a runner’s flag falls off while running, all the opposing team needs to do is touch the player with one hand to end a play.
- No parents, only coaches are allowed on the field during the course of a game.
- Coaches will officiate the games to their best ability.
- Parents, Coaches, and players will be held to proper code of conduct during games. Which means only cheer for your team not against the other team. No use of foul language.
- No practices off site during the week! if you want to practice come a hour before your game and practice then.